Wednesday, May 2, 2007

3rd Week of 4th Quarter of Film School

I haven't had a chance to post in a couple of days because school has been keeping me really busy. I will say that I'm really enjoying this quarters' courses. I find all of them really fascinating and have really gotten into it. Yesterday for my Editing II class (Avid) I had to do a lip syncing project with me lip syncing a song. I chose a song by the late, great Luther Vandross called "Dance With My Father". Luther never got to make a video for this song because he had a massive stork right before the release of this album. His music friends did do one instead I remember. Anyway, I'm thinking it will might make a nice Mother's Day present for Mom. She always complains that she doesn't get to see me much, now all she will have to do it pop in a DVD and there my mug will be.

I'm also in the final stages of getting my original score done by my good friend Donald for my documentary that I did during second quarter called "Measure of Life". I'm really, REALLY, happy with the progress of that. Hopefully it will be making the film festival circuit soon. My 2 general education courses, English Composition and Critical Thinking have really been an eye opener to me. I think the EngComp will help me become a better writer and Critical Thinking has already open my eyes to new ideas that I already see happening in my school work. Well it's time to get back to doing my homework. I have a paper to do for EngComp and I have yet to finish my outline for it. I'm still doing my research for it, I think I will probably spend all day Friday between the Library and home working on it. It is due next Wed. Also I signed up to read one of my poems for a poetry reading at school. I've never read any of my poetry in front of a large audience. This should be a challenge. Oh, I saw "The Secret". Now I'm sending positive messages into the universe: JOB, MONEY, JOHN AMAECHI, EMPLOYMENT, PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT, GIFTS, YANKEES WIN ONE, BOOK DEAL!

Birthday Shout out: Happy Birthday Kimberly Peters! Hope you have a FABULOUS Day!!

No comments: