Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Saga Continues

Life has been crazy. In addition to turning another year older (I'm 44 yrs young), I've been filming a lot at The Center. It's been interesting with very eclectic subject matters ranging from a leather fetish fashion show, to an art exhibition for nudist. If you hit the link above you can see some of my latest work. I especially proud of the NY City Comptroller William C. Thompson (no relation) segment that I both taped and edited for the program. I even had the opportunity to tape an interview with a new Oscar winner, Cynthia Wade. She came to the Center to talk about winning an Oscar a few weeks ago for best documentary short subject called "Freeheld: The Laurel Hester Story" If you haven't had a chance to see this documentary it will be shown in the summer on cable.

In addition to all that the thesis film has been sort of postponed until I can take care of some recent medical things that have to get taken care of. However, I haven't given up on filming the piece because I desperately want to get it into film festivals before the summer.

P.S. I think as I am about to graduate I will turn my blog focus on my film and video projects POST FILM SCHOOL from now on. It's been really interesting so far and I would imagine as I continue to gain more professional experience it will only get more interesting as the year moves on.

No comments: