Monday, June 4, 2007

Music Video-and so it Begins

I haven't posted in a over a week because I've been working on my new final project for the 4th Quarter: the Daphne Shawn Music Video Project. We held a casting call on May 20 for the male lead in the video and I am happy to report we have cast a model whom, I'm sure, he will become a star just like Gary Dourdan, Djimon Hounsou, or Antonio Sabato Jr. They all got a big boost in their careers after appearing in Janet Jackson videos. We also were able to find a top-notch choreographer who will be choreographing a hot dance routine that will be part of the many sequences that will go in the shoot.

Yesterday we shot the solo performance sequence for close-ups in the studio at school. Again, like my last shoot (the PSA) it was a great shoot. The only crew that was there was the talent: Daphne Shawn, my Director of Photography: Kidane Yimer, and Ms. Shawn's Make-up/Hair Stylist: Brooke. We wrapped ahead of schedule because I had storyboarded the shots that I wanted to get for that day. Also working with 2 cameras eliminated the need for numerous shoots for multiple angles. I only wish I could have had a couple of extra Production Assistants because I had to do a lot of running around before we actually started rolling. This weekend we will be shooting some exterior shots in NYC. If you happen to see us, stop by and say hello.

I am still looking for additional crew (location manager, production manager, grips) and in a few weeks from now, we will have a call for dancers for the dance sequence of the video. If you know of any people who might be interested in helping me with my student film project. Please forward them the link to my blog.

No comments: