Monday, July 14, 2008

Wendy Williams: How You Doin'?

I know that I've been away from blogging for a little bit, but I had to write today because I wanted to talk about my new favorite talk show that premiered today in limited markets (NY, LA, Dallas, & Detroit) called the Wendy Williams Show! Wendy is a FABULOUS radio talk show hostess on WBLS weekdays. She is also a New York Times best selling author (as I will be one day once I get my books published) But before I go into that I have to put in my two cents before the library closes and I have to dismantle my laptop.

BTW, there are two PHYNE brothas sitting at a table next to me (facing my table) who I'm kinda distracted by as they are studying. I guess they don't think anybody can see them playing footsies with each other under the table! OH-KAAAAAY??!!! Playing "slap and tickle" with their legs all pressed up against each other. And I am sure they are on the DL. I can smell them out ANYWHERE!!! AWRIIIIIIGHT!!!??? (As Ms. Williams would say, "How you doin'?")

Okay, but before I write about Wendy Williams, I wanted to put my two cents in about something I saw today. I was out an appointment today in Downtown Brooklyn and I noticed something that was kinda astonishing and gross at the same time. With the exception of young pre-pubescent girls (who down know any better) and pregnant women: when did mid-riff/baby t's become fashionable wear for older women with beer guts hanging out? Okay, let me say that I know that I may not be the most buffed guy walking around these days, but I do know how to dress to hide my flaws. Okay???!!!! I know it is hot today, but I saw at least half a dozen women (all ranging from age 30 to you-should-know-better) walking around with all that gut hanging out of what looks like their teenager's clothing! Honey, I thought I was going to loose my lunch! Girls, if you are out there and reading this, know this: that is NOT a FLATTERING LOOK!!!! Unless one is forced at gunpoint by one's pimp to wear that in a public setting: RETHINK THE LOOK before venturing out before the public.

Now I know ya'll must be thinking "Well he's a gay guy, what does he care about how a woman looks?" Well I still have eyes, and these woman who are rocking this fashion trend with this particular body flaw, makes me think this is a cry for help! And they OBVIOUSLY don't have any gay male friends, (unless he was mad at her) because if they did, he would have told them about the walking fashion atrocity they would be making by choosing to wear what they thought looked "cute."

Okay, I got distracted again by the aforementioned boys across from me. Okay, scratch what I said before about the "PHYNESS" of the two of them. I just put my glasses on and I really need to get my new prescription because they look more like "Hot Mess 1" and "Hot Mess 2". Nice bodies though, but faces.... But I digress....

So today I watched the new Wendy Williams talk show on FOX-5 here in NY. First let me say, I learned something about Wendy, who I've been listening to on the radio for many years, and that is we are the same exact age! Well she will be this week anyway. And, like me, she looks damn good for her age. She is my "friend in my head." (Look it up - I'm not crazy) I also learned that her first guest, James Denton, (you know "Mike Delfino", the plumber who is married to that clumsy-behind "Susan" - played by the lovely Teri Hatcher - on my favorite guilty pleasure DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES) is also my age as well. Lets just say, it must be the sun because I would have given him older than me! But all in all, I really liked the show, she looked FABULOUS as always!!! And I hope that the show gets picked up after it's limited 6-week run, because it is way more interesting than some of the other talk shows on television now. Oprah better watch out now that she is reruns this summer!

I have to wrap this up so tomorrow I will have to go into detail about my Michelangelo Antonioni and Krzysztof Kieslowski film festivals I had over the weekend. The library is closing in a few minutes and I need to pick up a book before it's too late.

Ciao

No comments: