Monday, November 12, 2007

Overwhelmed!

This week in the world of film school...in a word: INSANE!

I found two dogs to play important roles in my thesis film and a few days later the owner decided that the property wasn't what they thought it was going to be. So no I have to find 2 more dogs. Ideally I think the dogs will probably come from an owner or owners in Chelsea since that's where I posted the most casting notices for the dogs. In addition to my casting set-back, I have found some really cool crew members to help me with my project. I have also enlisted help from my good friends (from way back) in the business world (1 attorney, 1 accountant, and 1 marketing executive) to help me find benefactors who wish to become Executive Producers (by writing a check) and help me finance my thesis. Part of my grade will be based on how I was able to raise money for the film. Nobody ever said that producing a film was going to be easy.

I've been so busy this week that I made the really tough decision that I must drop one of my general education courses because the work load is so overwhelming, I would never be able to devote my full attention to the class. Which really sucks because I really like the course. However I was told in Financial Aid that I could take it next quarter, however I will loose all the money I paid for it because it's too late to get drop a class without a penalty, however if I stay in the class, my grade will suffer. I'd rather loose the money than have a lower grade.

The internship has been great too. I've been doing a lot of production work (mostly camera work) in addition to the editing. Tonight for instance I had to do camera work for a author reading at the Center. The segment will probably be put in a future episode.

Right now I'm back at school burning a DVD to turn in tomorrow for my midterm for my Internship class. It is a demo reel. The problem is that nothing is working the way it should be and now I'm cranky and still have to go home and study for my Sociology midterm tomorrow. On top of that I missed "CSI:Miami" tonight and "Prison Break". I wish I could be 2 people right now. Or maybe I wish I could have a cupcake instead.

No comments: