Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shooting Footage, Comedy Writing and The NY Fringe Festival

This has been a crazy week again for me. Today I shot some footage (known as B-roll) to accompany the interview and other visuals that I will incorporate in the EPK (Electronic Press Kit) that I am doing for my 5th Quarter project. I'm doing it for a for a music producer/sound engineer who has his studio in DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass) and I feel that it will be a great project because I've gotten more comfortable with AVID Xpress Pro and my instincts as a cameraman today were on point and I think I went away with some truly awesome footage. I have one more day of shooting (the interview) and then production is complete and the post-production begins. Hopefully I can have it complete before Labor Day that way I can fully focus on my thesis project and the pre-production.

Speaking of the thesis film. I handed in my 2nd draft last week and got my notes today. So tomorrow I will hand in my 3rd (and hopefully final) draft to my Script Development Professor. I don't know, but I have a really good feeling about my thesis film and I think if I can secure the locations and cast, I think it will be really magical. So in a few weeks I'm going to post casting notices for actors and crew for the film. I'm really excited!

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to attend a performance at the NY International Fringe Festival that one of my very good friends, Bambi Engeran is performing in with her theater company from New Orleans. It is called "Sustained Winds" and it was PHENOMENAL! I really liked its multi-media mix of theater, dance, song, and photography. I think it's only running for a few more shows at the festival and I strongly suggest you go see it! Check out the link for more info.

On a very sad note baseball lost a legend this week, Phil Rizzuto. He played short stop on the Yankees for his baseball playing career. He will be missed. The world of entertainment lost a great this week as well, Merv Griffin. I remember as a child watching his talk show and I will always think of him whenever I watch my favorite game show, Jeopardy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Billy....glad you enjoyed the play enough to put it on your blog!!! We will be in New Orleans in the fall and just did the International Festival in Lafayette. You have to come visit in the fall...when it cools off!!! Love you, Bambi